Fine Tune Your English
Used to please hearer
Example: Sorry, Excuse me, Could you, Pardon me, Please, Kindly.....
SOME TIME EXPRESSIONS
In, at, by, during and on are used to refer something that happened during an entire time period or at some point during that period.
- The birds are silent in/during the night.
- The owl hooted several times during/in the night.
- To show disagreement: Yes but, I know but
- To show listening capacity: Yeah, Oh right, Mm, Uh huh.
- To get back to the original subject: So, Any way
- To show a person’s language ability in English: Yes/No, Of course, definitely.
- To request a person to repeat what he said: Sorry, Please, Pardon
Department of English, John Paul Memorial College of Arts and Science, Labbakkada, Idukki